Active membership consists of full-time or part-time sworn and certified law enforcement officers with jurisdiction in the State of North Carolina.
Associate membership consists of employees of law enforcement related agencies or associates of the Criminal Justice System.
Examples: Clerks of Courts and their assistants, Judges, Attorneys, Dispatchers, Forensics, Corrections Officers, etc.
The associate member shall be subject to screening by the treasurer prior to acceptance in the association. Screening may include a records check and verification of employment.
Associate members shall have the same privileges and responsibilities as active members. They shall be able to vote, make nominations, and hold office with the exception of the position of President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer.
Privileged membership consists of active members who have retired or are unable to participate due to poor health or other extenuating circumstances. Privileged members shall not hold elective office, but shall have voting rights.
Honorary membership consists of any person who is not an active, associate or privileged member of the association, but has assisted, supported, or contributed to the association in an exemplary manner. Honorary members shall not hold elective office, nor have voting rights.
- Exit out of the payment screen
- Payment is accepted in-person in the form of cash, check, or credit card.
- Checks should be made payable to NCLEWA
Mail checks to:
6112 Dresden Ln.
Raleigh, NC 27612
- Currently online payment is only accepted through PayPal.
- If you do not have an account, it will take you through the process to create one. This is helpful if you want reoccurring payments (Membership will automatically renew every year)
- If you do not wish to create a PayPal account, contact email@example.com. A PayPal invoice can be sent by the treasurer to your email address that will allow you to pay using a debit/credit card online.
- For agencies wishing to pay dues or fees for a group of members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that payment can be bundled into one invoice.
New member registrations will not have access to member pages until the application is approved by a website administrator (this may take 3-5 business days). Temporary membership-only access to the website will be granted to new members until the application has been voted on and approved by NCLEWA members. If for some reason the application is not approved, a refund will be granted for paid dues.